While traveling abroad can be exciting and adventurous, it can also be expensive and stressful. This article will help you prepare for traveling abroad so you can save money, time and avoid losing your hair.
- When traveling abroad do not take purses that can be opened easily. Pick-pockets in foreign countries look for unsuspecting women that have easy to access pocket books. If you take your purse or pocket book to a foreign country make sure you have a purse with a hard to access strap. The harder you make access the less you will have to worry about pick-pockets.
- Before going abroad do a little research on their customs and what is the acceptable behavior. What goes in your country may not be well received abroad. You have to remember when you are abroad you are in a sense representing the country where you live, so you want to make sure you understand the customs so you do not embarrass yourself our your country.
- If you can avoid it, leave your cell phone at home, unless you have an international plan. If you get a phone card in the country you will be traveling in, you will save more money than trying to use your cell phone without an international plan.
- Be mindful of the taxi cabs you ride in when you are abroad. If you do not have an idea where you are going then you can be taken advantage of. When you are abroad, ask the hotel desk where is the location you plan to travel to, how long should it take to get there and what should the cost be. That way you will have a better idea if the driver is trying to get over on you.
- Make sure to make a color photo copy of your ID and Passport and put these in a safe secure place so if you lose them while you are on an adventure you have access to the copies and it will be easier to prove who you are and obtain assistance.
These tips can help you when traveling abroad, but always remember nothing beats preparation. Make sure you have done your due diligence so your trip can be as safe and stress free as possible. Things happen and you cannot control every aspect of your trip, but the better prepared you are the better chance you have of avoiding major debacles.